Insurance, Billing & Payments -
Baylor Scott & White Surgicare - North Garland
Many health insurance plans now require pre-certification before admission for surgery. Please be aware that this is your responsibility, and that failure to notify the carrier can result in reduced payment or even denial of liability on their part.
The bill you receive from the surgery center will be for facility charges only. This does not include the professional fees for your surgeon, anesthesia, or other consulting physicians for services such as X-ray or Pathology. You will receive bills directly from those providers.
- If your insurance requires special authorizations, referrals or claim forms, please bring the completed forms and your health insurance card with you.
- You will be required to pay your deductible if it has not been met, and your estimated co-insurance amount upon admission.
- Insurance benefits are not guaranteed.
- Uninsured and/or cash patients will be required to pay for services the day of surgery.
You can expect help from the center’s personnel in the following ways:
- Baylor Scott & White Surgicare - North Garland will bill your insurance as a courtesy. If your insurance company does not pay within 60 days, you may be billed for the full balance.
- We will cooperate with the third party carrier to the fullest in handling questions about your claim. However, we may request your assistance in providing necessary information. It is our hope that this mutual effort will result in your claim being paid in a timely manner.
What happens if the surgery center does not have a contract with my insurance company?
We value our patients, and our goal is to provide excellent service to everyone. We believe this excellent service should include the billing process.
If we are not contracted with your health insurance plan, we appreciate your business and will honor your benefits as if we were on your plan. We will contact your insurance company and confirm that you have out-of-network benefits, and notify them that we will be honoring your in-network benefits.
You will receive an explanation of benefits from your insurance company stating that you owe an amount or percentage greater than your in-network benefits. Please wait until you receive a statement from the surgery center. Your statement will reflect your in-network discount.
Online Bill Payments
If you have any questions about your facility bill or need to make financial arrangements please contact our Business Office at (214) 703-1800. Baylor Scott & White Surgicare - North Garland will have online bill payment options coming soon.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. On the day of your surgery, an admitting coordinator will review your financial responsibility with you. You may also call the business office at any time, at (214) 703-1800.
As a service to our patients, we are pleased to offer CareCredit Patient Payment Plans. With CareCredit you can finance 100% of your medical needs with no upfront costs, no annual fees, and no pre-payment penalties. It is specifically designed to pay for healthcare expenses not covered by insurance including co-payments, deductibles, elective treatment, and care. So, you can begin treatment today and conveniently pay with low, monthly payments.
CareCredit offers a full range of payment plans so you can find one that works best for you. You may choose the 6 or 12 month No Interest plan. Or, if your needs are $1,000.00 or greater, you may want to choose the extended low interest plan with 24, 36, 48, or 60 month plans. Extended plans are not available for balances less than $1,000.00.
CareCredit can be used by the whole family for ongoing treatment without having to reapply. It only takes a few minutes to apply and you’ll receive an online decision in seconds. Our staff will be able to answer most of your questions regarding CareCredit. You can apply online at www.carecredit.com, or call (800) 859-9975.
It is the policy of this facility to provide charity care to patients who meet the eligibility requirements for such care. Individuals seeking information about the charity care program and how to apply for charity care should contact the admitting office or business office to obtain detailed policy information and an application.